Monday, October 5, 2009

lessons on falling from a toddler. this should be the title of a required course for all adults. one unsteady little human can teach us all so much about the beauty of falling. watching my one year old lose her balance and crash to the floor without a cry or even much frustration at all amazes me. . . and reminds me of how I should be. she just picks herself up quickly and tries walking again. when I fall down - essentially fail to stand on my own - I have great difficulty moving on, attempting the task again, and I undoubtedly express great dissatisfaction with myself each time I fall. . . and fail. Along my way I know I will lose my balance . . . and my footing will slip. What will I do the next time? Will I remember my lesson and pick myself up with a smile. . . carry on with the confidence that my daughter holds as she picks herself up and walks again? I hope I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment