standing outside on this balmy summer night we caught a glimpse of a beautiful sky. it was shades of red streaming through clouds in the evening sky and the beauty made us all stop. our oldest daughter wanted to enjoy atop shoulders and I wanted to stop time right there and then. . . may each one of us continue to gaze up together and keep our hearts leaning heavenward with each new day. this is my hope for our little family of four.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
to feel more tonight
I want to dance and shout. . . I want to feel more alive than I do. My music is loud. The hour is late. My heart travels from sad to empty to excited and back to melancholy once again these days. The world is such a hard place, but it is all I know. I struggle with yearning for a place I don't know and being at peace with a forever that is a mystery to me. I'm stumbling here. I'm the weakest. I'm not who I really want to be. I want to be free of fear. . . but a sense of security eludes me. My daughter looked at me yesterday and said, "We all die don't we." It was more of a statement than a question really. I said yes and held her close. I want that childlike acceptance. I don't want to question and wrestle and doubt. I want to have a joy and hope that makes me leave the roller coaster of feelings that I seem to ride each and every day. My girls deserve that. They need that in their mom and I would love to give them that soon. I have some work to do. I will continue on with my loud music and the late hours because it is then that I start to remember who I am. I will not be afraid to dance to the beat in my kitchen by myself. I need more of that. . . more dancing. . . more words that stir my heart. . . more time to let myself feel God's grace and compassion on this wayward soul.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment